The weather for the 2018 Jim Fish Memorial Golf Scramble was challenging at best! The original date was rained out, that’s an understatement, we had 4’’’ of rain. The make-up date started out ok but ended with rain, but everyone still had a great time. The winning team was BJ Robb, Mike Sherban, Joe Bugara and Mike Bugara from Stifel with a score of 57. The team of Tom diDonato, Tony DiDonato, Scott Robb and Steve Paidas from J&B Fleet came in second place with a score of 62. Golfers raised $230 from the 50/50 raffle and the proximity hole for the American Cancer Society to be donated in Jim Fish’s name.
Contest winners included Mark Johnson- closest to the pin on #8; Doug Schwarz- closest to the pin on #15; Mike Bugara-longest putt on #18 and Frank Sacha- longest drive on #17.
Sue Snode and her staff at Tannenhauf Golf Club did another outstanding job of hosting us again this year. Thank you Sue, all your assistance is greatly appreciated.
The Chamber would also like to thank all the following people for making this year’s scramble another huge success:
- Nationwide Insurance/ Dustin Burgess Group- Platinum sponsor
- Alliance Ventures- Platinum Sponsor
- Consumers National Bank- Platinum Sponsor
- Lavery Auto Family for sponsoring the hole-in-one contest.
- Mary Keister-Whitmyer and Patti Wallick from ServPro for supervising the accuracy contest.
- All the hole sponsors. See the list in this newsletter.
- All the companies that donated door prizes. See the list in this newsletter.
- Christina, Betty and Haven from the Chamber office for all there work to make the day a huge success.
Thanks to all the golfers for helping make this year’s tournament truly special. We look forward to seeing you next year.